Hello! We are always on the lookout for caring and enthusiastic individuals to join the Clavis Community. For us, a great educator starts with someone who loves working with children, understands that each child learns in their own ways, knows the critical importance of developing strong relationships with each student, collaborates well with all colleagues, and has a growth mindset for their ongoing personal and professional development.
If you think Clavis is the right school for you and you have something to offer our amazing students, please consider applying. We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience that is above government schools and includes health care, transportation allowance, discounted tuition fees, and pension contributions. Professional development and training is important to us and we do weekly workshops and support staff doing local or international professional learning regularly.
Currently Hiring for the Following Employment Opportunities and Openings
1. Homeroom Primary Teacher (possible openings throughout 2023 and likely openings for January 2024)Currently seeking interested applicants who have successful experience teaching children in middle and upper-year levels (Year 2 to Year 6). See qualifications below and apply here.
2. Homeroom Pre-Primary Teacher (possible openings throughout 2023 and likely openings for January 2024)Currently seeking interested applicants who have successful experience teaching children in early year levels (Pre-Reception to Year 1). See qualifications below and apply here.
3. Specialist Teachers: Art, Library, French, ICT, Music, PEArt Teacher - Currently seeking interested applicants who have successful experience teaching visual arts to children in ages between 5 and 11 years old. See qualifications below and apply here.
4. Teaching Assistant (possible openings throughout 2023 and likely openings for January 2024)Currently seeking interested applicants who have successful experience working with and supporting children in schools (particularly in the early years) or who are recent graduates with a teacher certificate or education degree. See the qualifications below and apply here.
5. Educational Intern (possible openings for any time)Open to considering applications for short-term internships within different teaching areas. These could be part-time or full-time positions related to the field of education you are currently enrolled in or are planning to enroll in. Active internships (ie, hands-on involvement rather than observation) can apply for a paid stipend/honorarium. See the qualifications below and apply here.
Currently Not Hiring for the Following Positions. Applicants can submit their information for future consideration.
Additional Learning Support (ALS) AssistantThere are no posts currently available.
Inclusion Teachers (Learning Support/SEN, EAL)There are no posts currently available.
Administration (Leadership, Office Administration, Accounting)There are no posts currently available.
Clavis is strongly committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects the same from its employees. All new staff can be subject to pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, and qualification checks. References from a least two supervisors from previous or current experience working with children are required for all applicants who would be working with students.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements for Teachers
● Possess excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills● Must be fluent in English and have excellent skills in reading, writing, and speaking● Must have previous experience working with similarly-aged students in a primary or pre-primary school (ages from 3 to 11)● Must have a recognised teaching qualifications (education degree or teaching certification). For specialist teachers, there are some exceptions where a degree in your field of teaching or specialisation may be considered instead of general teaching qualifications. ● Must be a Mauritian citizen or permanent Mauritian resident (see below for foreign applicants)
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements for Teaching Assistants
● Possess excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills● Must have strong English communication skills in reading, writing, and speaking● Must have recognized teaching qualifications (education degree or teaching certification) OR enrolled in a post-secondary programme working towards qualifications● Must be a Mauritian citizen or permanent Mauritian resident● Not required, but can be an advantage to understand and speak French or Creole (in supporting early years’ students who might be new to English)
*International or foreign applicants:
Non-citizens or non-permanent Mauritian residents can only be hired through government approval of an Occupational Work Permit. We are very happy to consider international applicants; however, please be aware that contracts are local and include national healthcare, but do not include a housing allowance or flights. The required permit salary of approximately Rs61,000 + transportation allowance is certainly adequate to live on but can be challenging depending on your circumstances. With additional monthly bonus, an annual salary before tax is approximately USD$18,000. See here for estimates on approximate costs of living in Mauritius.
Qualified candidates should complete the online employment form here. Before doing so, please have the following documents ready to upload:● Current CV listing previous experiences and qualifications● Letter of interest● Names, positions, and contact information of two references (optional now but will be required after a successful interview)● Any letters of reference (optional)If there are any problems or you have any questions, please contact us at um.sivalc%40reerac where you can also send any required documents instead of uploading them. Please note that applications sent to this address will get an automatic reply from the Head of School. Please feel free to reply to the Head of School should you have any specific questions.
We will not be able to respond to all applications, particularly if they do not meet our position requirements; however, should there be a possible fit in the future for openings then we will keep your information and application on file for future consideration.
Online Application Form
Thank you for your interest in Clavis International Primary School.
Educationally yours,R. Jeffery HartHead of Schooljeff.hart@ cips.me